First Weekend of October in St. Louis: Local Events
October is the perfect weather in St. Louis. There is lots of sunshine with warm days and crisp cool nights. It’s perfect weather for both outdoor and indoor events. If you live in St. Louis, come join us at these local events. If you don’t live in St. Louis, it’s a perfect time to come visit and see why this should be your next home.
1. Road trip: The leaves are turning and everyone should take an October road trip in St. Louis and then spend the first weekend enjoying the local events.
2. October 3 – 5 is the 23rd Annual Best of Missouri Market. You can come see and taste the best of over 120 Missouri food producers and craftsmen. There will be baked goods, flowers, handcrafted items such as baskets, wooden toys and furniture, and custom jewelry. All of you can enjoy live music and children can enjoy cow milking, pumpkin decorating, and barnyard animals.
3. October 4 is the 12th Annual Mary Meachum Freedom Crossing Celebration. This celebration commemorates the 159th anniversary of Mary Meachum and others attempting to escape by crossing the Mississippi River to St. Louis. This is a great educational event for the whole family as you will see a fully costumed re-enactment of the original crossing.
4. On October 4, and only on October 4, you can climb to the top of the 170-foot Compton Hill Water Tower. Be prepared to climb 198 stairs to see a fantastic view of St. Louis.
5. October 4 also hosts the Grove Fest where you can enjoy an eclectic mix of good and music.
While you are here in St. Louis, feel free to contact us for more information or to find your next dream home.