August in St. Louis: Local Events
August is a great time to visit St. Louis! The weather is typically in the high 80s and low 90s. Skies are sunny with occasional rain. August is a great time to attend a variety of Local Events both indoors and outdoors.
Come stay with us and enjoy:
1. Tax free shopping the first few days of August. Who doesn’t like to save money? So, come to St. Louis and do your school shopping. We will waive the state sales tax.
2. After shopping and not paying taxes, come to the Muny in Forest Park. The first days of August you can see Grease at the nation’s oldest and largest outdoor theater. You can either purchase seats, or enjoy even more savings and sit in the free seats.
If you can’t come the first of August and want to come the middle of August, then plan on joining us for these events:
3. Hello Dolly in Muny at Forest Park August 11 – 17.
4. August 9 is the 51st Moonlight Ramble where cyclists fill the streets of St. Louis on the Saturday night closes to the full moon. The ride begins right after midnight. Bring your family and enjoy a moonlight bicycle ride.
5. August 7, 14, 21, 28 the World Bird Sanctuary in Valley Park hosts a free concert. What is unique about these concerts is that each concert starts with children’s music from the in-house band with birds flying overhead.
6. Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about food! August 11 – 17 the restaurants in downtown St. Louis have a great event for you. You can choose from twenty restaurants that are offering three-course meals for $25 a person. This is a great chance to enjoy luxury dining at a fraction of the cost.
August is a great time to visit us in St. Louis, and as you can see, to save money. If you are interested in more information, please feel free to contact us.