Shaw Neighborhood Once Called Prairie des Noyers
The French once called Shaw Prairie des Noyers and in 1816 it was purchased by Captain William Chambers and Henry Shaw. Today, if you visit Tower Grove House and the Missouri Botanical Garden you will see some of Shaw’s work. The Shaw neighborhood is described as being tucked among the regions’ greatest assets; it is centered on the amazing Flora Place wide boulevard and is home to some of St. Louis’s beautiful homes.
What is the Shaw neighborhood known for?
- The art fair that is now celebrating 22 years of art, education, and community. This art fair features 135 professionally-juried artists from around the country.
- The Missouri Botanical Garden that will honor Dr. George Yatskievych as the 2014 Outstanding Scientist.
- Organizations such as the Shaw Garden club and the Shaw Neighborhood Improvement Association.
What is there for you to when you move to the Shaw neighborhood?
- Take your dog to the dog park. The dog park was built to let urban dogs run free in an enclosed environment and at the same time let neighbors socialize.
- Have a cup of coffee dark-roasted in the traditional European style or a cup of expresso at Shaw’s Coffee.
- Enjoy southern cooking at Mama Josephine’s.
- Enjoy a drink with friends at Sasha’s.
- Share a gourmet sandwich and cupcake at the Sweetart Bakery.
- Bring the family and friends to Three Monkeys for gourmet hand-tossed pizzas or slow-smoked ribs.
Shaw neighborhood has everything you can want in an urban area. We’d love to help you find your home in the Shaw neighborhood of St. Louis. Please contact us, we are here to help.